Wednesday, August 2, 2006

About Shane


I have been involved in youth ministry since 1992 in church, para-church, and Christian school settings. I am currently the Director of Ministries & Volunteer Development with Serve Our Youth Network in Des Moines, IA - a ministry that reaches out to high-risk children and youth throughout Central Iowa. Because I love youth so much I am also the interim student ministries director at First Baptist Church in Pella, IA. I am a member of Valley Church (EFCA) in West Des Moines, IA where I am on the teaching team of my adult Bible fellowship, and am involved with community outreach (First Baptist Church doesn't expect me to be there Sunday AM incase you were wondering). I have been married since 1993 and have three wonderful kids, all of whom have contributed to the increasing number of grey hairs on my head (but at least I still have hair - unlike certain youth pastors I know). The pretty one in the picture is my lovely wife Cheryl, without whom I would be a miserable slobbering wreck!

Oh yeah, I also speak. I have spoken at venues throughout the Midwest (and a few outside the midwest). I enjoy speaking to middle school, high school and college age youth, but also love the opportunity to fill a pulpit on Sunday mornings. I can be available for your next:

  • Camp, Conference or Mission Trip
  • Retreat
  • Outreach Event
  • Campus Ministry Event
  • School Assembly
  • Christian School Chapel Service
  • Juvenile Facility Chapel or Assembly
  • Sunday Morning Pulpit Supply
  • Substitute Speaker for your youth ministry

If you would like to find out more info - you can reach me at shanevanderhart@mchsi.com or (515) 321-5077. I would love to talk with you!