Sunday, February 25, 2007

Medical Marijuana

I just finished reading an op-ed piece in the Chicago Tribune on this subject and wanted to know your thoughts. Not that long ago I was definitely against, but now I'm not so sure.

I do want to make it clear that I am against legalizing marijuana for recreational use, but if there is a valid medical purpose for it why not? Not that I've thought long and hard about this issue, but one event recently got me thinking about this whole thing. Cheryl had sinus surgery a while back. Our ENT prescribed cocaine prior to the surgery to restrict the blood vessels in her sinuses. Cocaine! He at one time had been an elder at our church, so we loved teasing him about it.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from you. What do you think? Please leave a comment.

1 comment:

Shane Vander Hart said...

Cheryl wanted me to clarify. It was a cocaine spray (with very little cocaine) and it was given in ther surgery center right before her surgery.