Sunday, May 20, 2007

You know you are old when...

As some of you know I have been working with a youth group in Pella (First Baptist Church). My initial commitment was one year, and that was up in July. After a lot of prayer and discussing what to do with Cheryl I decided to offer to extend my time with FBC in that interim role. The diaconate agreed to that, and unless a new pastor who is candidating with FBC in a couple of weeks disagrees with that, I'll be with them for another year.

On my way home from Pella tonight I started to think, the youth ministry runs from 6th grade - 12 grade at FBC. My daughter is going to be in 6th grade next year. I asked her when I got home if she wanted to participate. She got excited and said yes. It is going to be cool, but weird too. Man, I feel old.

No comments: