Friday, June 15, 2007

God's Politics - Coming Review

I picked up Jim Wallis' book - God's Politics: Why the Right is Wrong, and the Left Doesn't Get It at the library.  Rev. Wallis is the founder of Sojourners, a liberal evangelical group based in Washington, D.C.  I've been wanting to read this book for awhile.  I read the God's Politics blog a couple of times during the week.  I am looking forward to reviewing the content in a series of posts on this blog.

I find the title of the book somewhat intriguing - "God's Politics" makes it seem that God subscribes to a particular political persuasion.  As Dr. Tony Evans once said in one of his books (I don't remember which one), "When Jesus comes back He won't be coming to take sides, He will come to take over."  Also the subtitle bothers me a bit, it seems pretty arrogant.

No comments: