Friday, July 13, 2007

Last Weekend

It has been awhile since I've blogged so I just wanted to share an update. This last weekend I had the chance to watch Derek Danilson, one of my friends from high school, get married. So I flew out to Philadelphia, PA to watch this grand event. My brother, Scott, was one of the groomsmen. Another friend from high school, Don David, was the best man.

The actual wedding was in Chadds Ford, PA which is south of Philly and is very close to Delaware. The rehearsal dinner was actually in Wilmington, DE. My brother, his wife Tami, and I also noticed a cool historical site just 1 1/2 miles from our hotel. The Battle of Brandywine took place in the area and there was a battlefield park. This battle took place in 1777 when General George Washington and 10,000 troops tried to stop 18,000 British troops under the command of General Howe as he crossed the Brandywine River at Chadds Ford on his march to take Philadelphia. The Continental Army was defeated. At this park we were able to see where Lafayette Quarters were located and also George Washington's Headquarters.

I was scheduled to come home on Sunday flying American Airlines from Philadelphia to St. Louis and then catch a connecting flight to Des Moines. It was canceled though, and the next flight they were able to confirm for me was for Monday morning flying to Chicago O'Hare and then on to Des Moines, so my week started kind of rocky since I didn't get home until Monday afternoon and then had to travel to Pella.

I have been pretty wiped out this week, and haven't been motivated to blog much. I hope to get back to it this weekend. Blogging is not the only thing I haven't been motivated to do, I haven't worked out this week either. So I need to get back to it.

No comments: