Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Diving Back In

About a month ago, I was asked if I would be interested in some interim student ministries work by one of Serve Our Youth Network's former board members. I said perhaps, and promised that I would pray. Well I did pray, and accepted a part-time position as the interim student ministries director at First Baptist Church in Pella, IA. It is going to entail 10 hours a week, and my main responsibilities will be:

  • Oversee, recruit and train leadership for the student ministries.
  • Lead the high school group meeting (most likely will be on Sunday nights - will most likely move the Bible discussion groups that SOY has going on at PCYS on Sunday nights to Thursday nights - pray for that transition).
  • Relational ministry with leadership and high school students.
  • Oversee the Jr. High Intern.

This is a blessing in that I missed leading a church-based student ministry, but pray for God to order my week as I balance time with God, my family, SOY and this new responsibility.

No comments: