Thursday, May 24, 2007

Just Give Me Jesus

I attended a pastors' gathering today at Lutheran Church of Hope in West Des Moines. It was about the Just Give Me Jesus Revival that is going to held on April 18-19, 2008 at Wells Fargo Arena. This revival is birthed out of a passion that God has given Ann Graham Lotz (daughter of Billy Graham) to see revival come to communities by calling primarily women to come back to Jesus and seek after Him. It looks like it is going to be an exciting event. I have never seen so many church leaders come together in Des Moines (that isn't to say it hasn't happened before, I just haven't witnessed it). Several things impressed me about Ann Graham Lotz, but one that really stands out. I've not seen it before in people who come into Des Moines to do events - humility demonstrated by asking church and local ministry leadership to give their blessing for her to come. She doesn't want to go where she is not welcome or invited by the local expression of the Church. That was refreshing.

We also heard from Dr. Joe Stowell on John 21 (Jesus restoring Peter). He opened up for me in a fresh new way. It was a challenge as he called us back to our original calling to shepherd God's flock. That was truly a blessing. It was also great to see a number of friends & colleagues in ministry as well.
I'm excited to see what God may do through this event, and what he will do in the Des Moines Metro area. I'm praying for revival!

No comments: